Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

CSS and NE Design HoF

On Wednesday night I was lucky enough to get into two great events in the city.

First, at Arclinea, was the launch party for Color Space Style, a new guide for interior design. I got there early and stayed only a few minutes, but I had the chance to meet Mimi Love, one of the authors.

I picked up a copy of Color Space Style at the party. It's very compact, yet very thorough; I showed it to one of my professors, a licensed architect, and he was impressed by how much was in it. It's available on Amazon for less than I paid for it; I recommend it for architects, interior designers, or anyone interested in the field.

I stayed at the party for only a few minutes, because I had a ticket to the New England Design Hall of Fame awards induction and gala at the State Room.

Talk about packed! A sold out crowd of architects, designers, students and other industry people gathered together for a cocktail/networking party. That was followed by dinner and the awards ceremony.

The ten inductees - Richard Bertman; Lee Bierly and Christopher Drake (left); Celeste Cooper; Jeremiah Eck; Richard FitzGerald; Graham Gund; William Hodgins (above right); James Volney Righter (above left); and, Charles Spada - were quite gracious, of course, when they went up to accept their award. Let's hope I'm as gracious when I'm inducted into the Hall of Fame in 30 or so years!

A big thanks to Katie Damman, Marketing Director for New England Home, who was kind enough to send me a few photos from the night.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57