Lisa Mims, co-founder of Mod Green Pod, contacted me to ask if I could put out the word that they are on the lookout for interns.
Mod Green Pod is a locally based (their office is in the South End) company that makes upholstery fabric and wallpaper that is eco-friendly (hand silk-screened on organic cotton fabric and vinyl free paper). The listing for the part-time internship is below:
Internship with Green Textile Company
General Business Internship: Fall/Winter time frame. Option to extend internship into Spring exists if desired.
Mod Green Pod (http://www.modgreenpod.com/) is a Boston-based company that designs, manufactures and sells organic cotton upholstery fabric and vinyl-free wallpaper. We are seeking a part-time intern to help with general business tasks. The intern must be able to commit to at least 15 hours a week. Intern will work directly with co-founder Lisa Mims, as well as other employees. This is an unpaid internship, but school credit can be earned.
1. Manage mailing list
2. Send samples to customers/inquirers and follow up
3. Assist taking of orders
4. Assist packing/shipping of orders
5. Help to manage inventory
6. Research additional sales channel
1. Creativity, enthusiasm, follow through
2. Knowledge of MS Office
3. Interest in textile design, green home design, green building
1. School credit can be earned
2. Duties/hours can be tailored to your requirements
3. Flexible work schedule
4. Opportunity to learn first hand about working in a small design company, in an entrepreneurial environment as well as in the Green building industry
Please email a resume, a description of any special internship requirements and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Mod Green Pod, please visit: www.modgreenpod.com
Mod Green Pod is looking for a few good interns