Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

BM's Home & Garden

A week after I visited him at his store, I discovered Gary Ritacco's South End loft in the newest issue of Boston Magazine's Home & Garden. Bought as a bare shell, Gary & Michael Hunter hired architect William Ruhl to design a beautiful home with ingenious use of space: Translucent panels hide a work areal, a walk-in closet and storage drawers from the living area; built in brushed aluminum storage in the living area; and disappearing doors to close off the sleeping area, if needed. It's also decorated beautifully, with pieces from Phillippe Starck, Ligne Roset at Adesso, and B&B Italia from Montage. William Ruhl did so well with their home that Gary hired him to design Uniform, which I've already mentioned, is gorgeous.

Boston Magazine doesn't have the heftiest site around, so there is no link available. I don't have a scanner, or I would put up pictures from the magazine. I guess you're just going to have to pick up the fall issue of BM's Home & Garden and check it out for yourself.

If you need more reasons to pick it up, how about a house in Nantucket designed by Maryann Thompson Architects, or a Tuscan Villa in Lexington, or a Beacon Hill carriage house with a stunning elyptical staircase? I thought that might interest you. Now go check it out!

2 comments:

mod*mom said...

that reminds me i have to learn how to use our scanner!
that looks like a great article!
i like the way you describe it!

Gradon said...

Thanks! If you're interested, I could mail you the issue. I'm all done reading it.

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57