Ideal Bite, the daily go-green-the-easy-way email I wrote about back in July, hit us right in the backside today: eco-conscious office chairs.
One of the plethora of criteria that goes into LEED certification, a good office chair will have the earth's health in mind as much as your's. Here's IB's recommendations for your next office upgrade:
- Ikea Markus Swivel Chair - a reasonably priced option from a company that forgoes PVC and uses only sustainable wood; more options here ($199).
- Hermann Miller Aeron Chair - this way-comfy work of art is made from 66% recycled materials such as aluminum and steel, with 94% recyclable parts ($949).
- Steelcase Think Chair - made with up to 44% recycled materials and available in 12 colors, from the world's first LEED-certified factory. Also: recycled guest chairs ($239-$719).
- Twenty Gauge Steno Chair - adjustable vintage steel chairs restored to working condition; customizable with your choice of fabric ($625).
- HealthyComputing - tips on better desk habits.
And they're still growing: Soon, there will be Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle Daily Bites. Yet still no Boston...