Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1 Reason to Collect Stamps

Charles and Ray Eames USPS StampsI rarely buy stamps; most of my bills are paid online. When I do buy the occasional stamp, I give no thought to the design of it. Well, if there was ever a reason to start collecting stamps, this is it: 2Modern is reporting that next summer, the U.S. Postal Service is going to be releasing a set of 16 stamps.

From the press release:

In recognition of their groundbreaking contributions to architecture, furniture design, manufacturing and photographic arts, designers Charles and Ray Eames will be honored next summer with a pane of 16 stamps designed by Derry Noyes of Washington, DC.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to be buying a set.

via mod*mom

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57