Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wardrom by Paula

After reading about me needing hooks for my son’s room, my friend Brad emailed me this post from dezeen.

Paula, a collective of three young Roman designers, has introduced the Wardrom, a modular hook system “born to enhance DISORDER making it graphically catchy.”

“WARDROM is an object that invites throwing clothes as if it were a natural and instinctive act; wordrom is a vertical wardrobe for young and/or disorganised people of the new millennium, a modular flat wall accessory, made of semirigid PU macro-pils made to randomly house any type of clothing.”

My personality is a little too, well, neat to have this in my room. But how natural is it for a nine year old boy to take off his sweatshirt and simply toss it across the room? This could eliminate many potential arguments, no? I would love to know when and if this is going to be available for purchase.

Check out the video of the Wardrom in action:

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57