Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Pixnit

I was doing a little Googling for some ideas, and I come across a great Boston Globe article on local street art phenom Pixnit. Yes, it's nearly three months old, but it's still new to me.

Pixnit is a graffiti stenciler. For obvious reasons, she doesn't reveal her true identity (I am digging the Zoro mask and fedora). She came to Boston to get her Master's degree from Tufts and the School of the MFA, so she's obviously smart and talented.

From her MySpace page, "These delicate images are influenced by floral and ornamental design historically used within the home to create a sense of comfort, bring representations of nature inside and portray a sense of beauty."

Funny, I was thinking about how great it would be to get her to do one wall in my house. Bringing the outside-that-was-taken-from-the-inside in.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57