Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Follow-up: BoConcept® New Furniture Collection Launch Party

On Thursday, I went to the BoConcept® New Furniture Collection Launch Party at their store on Mass Ave in Cambridge. Right as I walked in, the store's general manager, Brad Dufton, immediately recognized me; the marketing coordinator forwarded a link to this blog to him, and he remembered the picture to the right (Yes, that is me).

We had actually met the first time Alicia & I checked out the store, but that was several months ago, before I started Design Boston. Brad, who organized the night and greeted nearly everyone that came by first name, is a fireball of energy, and, with a degree in furniture design from Wenworth Institute of Technology, he can surely help you create the right BoConcept setup for your home.

I also met Tina Pilgaard, BoConcept's US Marketing Director. She is a Danish native, and a wonderfully friendly woman. She's worked for BoConcept for 8 years, the last 2-1/2 in the US. Before she came to the US, Tina visited each of the 40 countries that BoConcept operates in. How much would I love a job that allows me to see the world and great furniture? You can't get that in the Navy!

I love BoConcept. As I described it to Brad and Tina, I see BoConcept as modern design at Crate & Barrel or Restoration Hardware prices. They both agreed. The beauty of their customizable, modular furniture was on full display in the showroom. As beautiful as the furniture, and maybe even more, was the Bang & Olufsen sound system throughout the space.

I had a great time. As I was leaving, Brad told me to come by often, because he and I are a rarity: straight guys that understand and love design. How true.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57