Quantcast

DesignBoston has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.designboston.org
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bodum

One of the gifts I got at the Modern25 party was a Bodum Pavina. It's a 9 oz. cup with double glass walls. The double walls insulate both your drink - hot drinks stay hot, and cold drinks stay cold - and your hand. Because the insulation is so good, there is no need for a handle.

I used it for the first time last night. It insulates so well that I burned my lip on my tea - my hands felt like it was room temp. Since then I've washed and reused the cup three times!

The only drawback is that the mouth-blown glass is fragile, so it can't be machine washed. Also, it's more likely to break from unintended bumps than machine made glasses. That said, I would love to buy a whole set of these beautiful cups!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I have the glasses too, washed them in the dishwasher around 10 times already without any problem.
They just look fragile.

 
ss_blog_claim=61719fbc45a71181763390468347ad57